Sunday, June 30, 2013

Taste of Morocco

Before you think that this post has anything  to do with the breathtakingly beautiful interiors of Morocco let me tell you, my friends , today's post is not written by my heart but my stomach.:)

After drooling, pininteresting, making imaginary plans to visit the place and dreaming  over the pictures of  Morocco..I could not resist to sample out the gourmet menu at the " Taste of Morocco" festival at Galeries Lafayette, Dubai. 

We were quite excited about the delicacies we were going to experience.. The menu had amazing variety of exotic and classic Moroccan dishes in the menu with varied spice combination..

I had Couscous Tfaya..A delectable dish with braised chicken, saffron, raisins,eggs and caramelized onions served with a sauce.




My husband had Tagine Makfoul..A classic Moroccan dish with savory stewed meat topped with caramelized onions and tomatoes. 



All were cooked and served in Moroccan styled platters- the tajine which made the experience even more exciting..

The dishes were amazingly light, fresh and delicious .. the beautiful blend of spices makes it aromatic and out of this world ..a mixture and blend of sugar and spices...savory..so different and exotic than anything we ever had eaten..


One more reason to plan that trip to Morocco some day:)

All Images: Purnima @ A creative project

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

ShareThis