Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Watermelon themed breakfast table


Weekends are meant for enjoying and relaxing. To make them even more interesting and extra special, I have come up with an idea to have a special themed (healthy)breakfast. Last three weekends I have managed to do so and am hoping to make it a tradition. 

So last weekend we had a watermelon themed breakfast. The summer sun is finally on its way out- and before it is still warm I thought of doing a watermelon themed 'party'. It was on my mind all the summer and it finally materialized. Watermelon is a perfect fruit to cool of on a hot summer day and it is good to cleanse the body as well. It is said to be a good for diet and to detox the body. With all these good things about it - I thought its perfect for a healthy breakfast:)


I started the preparation a few days before with my 2 year old. We made the banner and other party accessories. The watermelon bunting is very easy to make. All you need is colored paper,pen, glue, scissor and string. I cut the shapes from the colored paper and with my son glued it together. I drew the seeds with a pen. We glued the string at the back. 





We made 3 semi circle watermelon slices - big, medium, small- for Daddy, Mommy and baby toddler.. its hard to believe he is not a baby anymore. 
Sunny boy pretended to eat the slices with lots of oohs and aahs!!
The same way we made smaller triangles and circle shaped watermelon slices. I glued these to picks to make little flags.




I cut the watermelon half and scooped it all out. Luckily I had a bowl which fitted perfectly inside the watermelon. It was filled with watermelon juice. I decorated the border with melon scoops with toothpicks. The other food included watermelon on ice cream sticks, melon balls, Oatmeal with strawberry and melon pieces. I wish I had cupcakes as well.


 The breakfast turned into brunch- too much finish so much watermelon in one meal:)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

This water melon table is so cute. isn't it great that you can do stuff with your little guy together now.Think of all the neat projects you and he can do and enjoy.Susie

Purnima@a creative project said...

Absolutely true Susie!! I believe when kids help in simple or safe projects and when they see these used daily or displayed proudly helps in developing higher self esteem and family bonding!!
Thanks for visiting and lovely comment!!

ShareThis