Thursday, November 3, 2011

Diwali Decorations

Hi beautiful people!!! Hope you all had a wonderful holidays and festivities..I still have a holiday hangover..Sharing with you some of the pictures of Diwali decorations in my house last week!!!



This is how my center table in the living room looked like..Floated lots of flowers in a brass urli along with some floating candles..I changed the flowers everyday..sometimes orchids..sometimes roses ..sometimes marigold and rose petals..Around it is designer Rangoli..It really looks good on glass surfaces!!


Outside the main door I made traditional Rangoli from chalk powder..I was bit lazy so I used stencil to make these patterns...



Flower garlands on the main door with mango leaves and lovely door decorations which my mom send me from India..


Few more wall hangings she sent me I have hung them from the ceiling near the Ganesha paintings..




     That's how my balcony looked like.. Fairy lights have such a magical effect..


Some more pics of the decorations in my house... 

I am updating the blog after quite some time....I have just started my third trimester .. feeling tired now but of course I have more time on my hand as I am full time home now..I have lots of baby projects in my mind.. Hope to complete them in these 2-3 months!!! will share the update on my new painting soon..Stay tuned!!!!


Check more fabulous Diwali craft and decor projects on this blog! 


13 comments:

Neelima said...

Hi purnima thank you for visiting my blog chitrasutra........ well I loved your blog and I am following it now :)

SV said...

Lovely decoration, I liked everything but I loved the balcony decor! Take care.

Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

Wonderful photos and decorations for your holiday Purnima. I hope you are feeling well. How exciting!

Shanthi said...

Festival of lights is always charming. Your balcony looks wonderful in the glowing lamps. Lovely!

Disha Mishra Dubey said...

Such a beautiful decor Purnima. Your home is looking gorgeous and balcony is just amazing.

Poonam said...

U have such an eye for good style!! :) loved ur balcony...can actually imaine myself there..relaxing!! simply lovely!!
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! :) Appreciate it..and also a big hug for the follow as well!
As for the Blog header..no ...sadly..i didnt paint it! :D

Nayana said...

Everything looks so beautiful and balcony is my fav...take care....

Catherine said...

Hi Purnima! Beautiful decorations for Diwali, your home is lovely and your balcony seems like such a wonderful sanctuary! Happy Diwali and all the best to you and your growing little one :)

~Catherine
Inspire Bohemia

notyet100 said...

Luved all the pics,.balcony pic is too good,..:)

painted princess collection said...

Lovely decoration paticularly the one in the entrance very neatly displayed
Good luck
anandhirajan
www.anandhirajansartsncrafts.blogspot.com

deepavali calendar said...

I love our tradition and culture so why we celebrate this festival of lights, anyway I love these decorative diwali diyas which you shows in pic.

Unknown said...

Wow, this is such a beautiful post! I love every diwali decoration you used. And the first picture, is that rangoli design in water? That's one of the best Diwali decorations you got. I love it!

Cheers

Onine Florist said...

Wonderful Arrangement of Flowers ...loved it !!

ShareThis