I would like to share the tutorial with all with you too..or you can read it here on The Key Bunch blog .I am sure many of you have seen the wooden spoon set of three by Ikea. They look so bare and plain.. So I decided to beautify and jazz them by painting the handles.. I did this project the first time around a year back .. I still use and dish wash them and they still look the same:) The key Bunch ladies liked it and I did one for them again..!!
Do you see the before and after change.. I made a video tutorial of the project... It is very simple and lot of fun and perfect for showoff during parties at your place..:))
Steps to follow:
- Apply base coat and let the base coat dry before painting on.
- You can paint directly or use stencils.. I have shown two ways .. one with punched paper to make polka dots and one with a ready made stencil...
- Spray varnish only on the spoon handles..
- Let the varnish dry before washing and using them.
- I used acrylics for painting and gloss finish varnish.