Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Picture walls


I am totally amazed by these beautiful walls.. The super-sized 18th- and 19th-century portraits of Baroness de Rothschild, Madame de Pompadour, and other nobles on the walls of England’s Glemham Hall make the walls look so charming..


Here are some more pictures in the exhibition..


Notice how they have tried to meld the pictures and the interiors of the room .. in way that it seems like the picture is bursting into the present..


The story continues from the super sized portraits into real life...



All these pictures are courtesy Wmagazine.

5 comments:

Emreen said...

Beautiful Walls indeed.... !!

Purnima@a creative project said...

Thanks Emreen!!!

Julie said...

This makes me think of the walls in Harry Potters Hogwarts Castle near the stairs! The talking pictures!!! I can't imagine living with these huge people on my walls, but it surely is very interesting!!! Thanks for showing!

notyet100 said...

Wow....

Anonymous said...

*sigh*.. what a stunning wall.. Im not sure I could have one like this at my home!!

ShareThis