Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Table vignette at home


Currently I am drawn ( read: obsessed) by lanterns. I have collected some 4 lanterns by now. It seems that I cannot get enough of Arabic and Moroccan lanterns now a days:)   This one is currently been displayed as a part of my table vignette in the living room. It looked kind of lonely, bare alone so I added some other things I am fetish about. 


Wooden block-printing blocks, antic wooden moon cake mould, a round  hand painted & enameled trinkets box. Most of them bought from Hong Kong when we lived there. The wooden placemat is from Malaysia.  


The moon cake mould is antic- some 80 years old. It has engraving of a wedding couple. It is said to be uncommon if not rare now a days. All things in my house have wonderful memories attached to it. I think that's the way it should be. So do collect unique items instead of the common souvenirs when you visit places. You might have to go a little out of the way for these but nothing impossible. Do research or ask a  local friend. 


Joining the party at BNOP

All images taken by me@home. 



No comments:

ShareThis