Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Asian inspired Buddha corner

So after two weeks of arranging, sorting, throwing and all the madness that comes with moving homes and countries, I think the apartment is starting to look something like our home. There is still lot to do but still there are some nooks and corners developing which we are already falling in love.I would say the decor looks very much Asian inspired with a bit of European touch. 

This is Buddha table vignette I have created on the side table in the living room..The statue is from Switzerland..It is from a decor shop named Interio in Zurich where you will find a lot of Asian/Indian inspired stuff...When we lived there it was my favorite shop to visit any day!!  It has two stores in Zurich ..one at Bahnhofstrasse (small one) and bigger one at Dubendorf.. I suggest you visit the later one if you want to go mad shopping:))


I kept some wooden balls with frangipani flowers.. These flowers are not real.. I bought them from Singapore specifically so that I will never miss these pretty flowers even if we move back to Europe or some other cold country..The wooden bowl is from Malaysia if I am not wrong because I had totally forgotten about it and found it in our stuff now:)



The table has glass top .. I find it so difficult to take a picture of it without getting my reflection in it.. If you have any tips for this do please let me know!!!!!!!

5 comments:

notyet100 said...

Luved the decor,even I luv these flowers,..

Purnima@a creative project said...

Thank you so much!!

Chubby Chieque said...

Reminding me my country.

TY for sharing your beautiful TS.

TY again for sharing.
/CC from Stockholm

Alycia Nichols said...

I'm sorry, but I have no tips for how to do the photos without catching yourself in the reflection. I do it all the time! It drives me nuts!!! I'm glad to hear that you are settling in and feeling more at home. I think it's just wonderful that you are able to travel and live all around the world. How fascinating! I'm not that brave, but I admire people who are! Enjoy your weekend!

Marlis said...

Never believe those are not real flowers.. they look fabulous. Love the serene spot! xo marlis

ShareThis