Monday, April 23, 2012

Baby's Introduction party

Hey guys..so the party is over and I am ready to show you some pics.. I took these after I decked up the hall and before the guests arrived..we had rented the function hall at our condo..it is perfect for 20-25 people. It was mainly for adults since the guest of honor-my baby is just 12 weeks and is interested only in balloons and bright colors:) I suppose you have seen the party preparations I did if not you can read the post about it here..


I put the name bunting I had made earlier on the entrance .. It is quite long 5 feet or so ..


I didn't have much to do with the buffet table expect with its location and the menu cards..The caterers brought the table skirting and the utensils etc..


We got some 30 helium balloons to deck the corners ...I put the red bunting on the windows.. For tutorial of red bunting click here.


We covered the tables with checkered table cloths and placed them in the center.. I really wanted to put some flowers in small jars or some centerpiece but didn't have the energy to do more:( next time .........hello by next time I mean next party not next baby..hehheehheeee:))


I wanted to have a dessert table or desert buffet bar ..but we decided for a more adult theme for this time.. Next time when he is a little older and can enjoy all the goodies himself as well I will have a kiddie table.. For now I had a cupcake stand with baby face chocolate cupcakes I had baked and candy with 'Thank you' written on them as a gift for our guests.. The DIY cupcake stand I had brought from a DIY store and covered it with golden paper!


I thoroughly enjoyed baking and decorating these baby face chocolate cupcakes.. I had taken pictures while making them so will be sharing a tutorial as to how to make these and the bunting as well!!!

11 comments:

Priya said...

Fabulous!!!

Lakshmi -Celebrations said...

lovely and congrats again

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I dearly love parties welcoming a new baby! We are having one due on July 4th. Everything looks so nice! I would have loved to see all the food! :)

notyet100 said...

Luved the decor and everything....:)

Purnima@a creative project said...

Thank you ladies for liking my efforts!!

theartandcraftgallery said...

Lovely Decor Purnima and I just loved the cupcakes:)

Anonymous said...

This is the prettiest party.. ever!! so so cute!! Loved all your efforts.. unbelievable.. that you can do so much when the baby is asleep.. :)

Julie said...

Gorgeous party! Love your baby cakes and also the name bunting.

Shalini said...

Hey, I have the same letter bunting with my daughter's name! Looks like a lovely party...and congrats on the little one!

Dental Treatments said...

Hello there, I have a 13 months old daughter. I am going to my home country soon and do a party in a hotel so my relatives and friends can meet my daughter. I would like to get some idea from you as you seem an expert in this sense.
(1) Should I give the title "Introduction Party"?
(2) How should I write the invitation card? Please suggest me the wordings.
Thank you very much. Prompt response is appreciated.

Purnima@a creative project said...

Hi DT,
You can give the title Introduction party since your friends and family already know the name and other details of the child.
Keep the writing simple and personal like " Finally the day has arrived when you can meet our little angel..or we are thrilled to introduce our little one to all our dear friends and relatives.."
hope this helps..
cheers,P

ShareThis