Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Indian themed tabletop


After the end of the holiday period , getting back to the routine is a little difficult!! Plus I am trying to fulfill my new year resolutions .. cooking at home as much as possible, eating healthy, more vegetables and many more..(Don't be surprised if you see one or two recipes on this blog)....
Coming back to decor... All holiday decorations are back inside the cupboards ... I am busy giving my home a romantic look..New year should have a new look!!! So this is what my side table in the living room looks like now..



You might have seen all these items in my earlier decorations .. This is how I have put them together for this theme..


Moroccan lamps go well with Indian or a romantic theme.. 



Heres a tip...Soften the wooden furniture by hanging tassels from cupboard door handles.It  also it creates an eclectic Eastern charm and look!!!



I am joining the fantastic parties with Marty for Tabletop Tuesday and Susan's Table scape Thursday !!


10 comments:

notyet100 said...

too good,..;-)

Rekha said...

Cool ideas Purnima.

Sharon said...

That's a lovely tabletop!

Anonymous said...

oh.. thats a gorgeous lamp.. When you are ready to give it away.. think of me!! And I like your new indian / romantic look.. Cant wait to see the rest of the house..

How about a home tour on my blog?? Saying that... would you like to join in for a blog swap... Let me know... Thanks *smiles*

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Gorgeous. Love your elephants and the lantern is stunning also. Beautiful vignette. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Purnima@a creative project said...

Thanks notyet,Rekha,sharon,marty!!
@Patty: sound like a good idea!! I will get back to you soon!! will email!! Thanks!!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I love your accessories. We cook a lot of Indian food, but strangely I never thought to match my tablescape to the food. Nice job!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

You did a good job accessorizing this Indian tablescape. Love the lantern!

Happy Tablescape Thursday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Denise said...

Like the lantern, but I think it's the elephants that add that special touch.

Lakshmi -Celebrations said...

pictures are so soothing

ShareThis