Tuesday, November 30, 2010

2011 Calendar..


A few days back I visited the museum to see the painting exhibition of renowned artist Cheong Soo Pieng at the Singapore Art Museum..The paintings were enchanting!! What I loved about the paintings were elongated limbs and torso, almond-shaped faces which are signature of his masterpieces!! 

painting
I really loved his style and incorporated it in my new sketches :) Now my ladies have almond shaped faces and big eyes as well!!



I made a few more sketchs.. then digitally painted them . Last week I sat down every evening  to I put them all together..  I finally by Sunday I had made my very first 2011 Calendar!! Yipee!!

2011 calendar

 All the paintings are associted with the months.. For example.. Polka dot French hens in April for Easter.. Ganesha for Ganesh Chaturthi in September..and so on..



Here's a sneak peak of the front page of the Calendar..



 I think they would make a pretty Christmas/new year gift!!

10 comments:

notyet100 said...

too good,..:-)

Emreen said...

The calendar s awesome... great idea.. and a wonderful gift... !!! Guess I must learn some techniques from you... ;-) ;-)

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Great idea Purnima..loved it!

Anonymous said...

Purmina.. If you were in a competition.. I'd vote for you!! This is the best idea ever!! Well done!!

You inspire me.. more and more everyday!!

Kerry Schofield said...

Hi Purnima, thanks for visiting ObsessiveCreative. Thanks for your kind words. I like your art blog, love the illustrations. Actually I did the illustrated recipes for "They Cook and Draw" and they haven't posted them :-( I guess I'll resubmit.

Kerry Schofield

SV said...

Hi Purnima,
Great project!Loved to see your painting.I have to learn a lot from you.

Rekha said...

Awesome is the word for your calender, gr8 job Purnima.

Sound Horn Please said...

Oh wow! Wonderful idea and lovely sketches! Make the calendar digitally available please- I'll make it my desktop calendar :) And the sketch is absolutely gorgoeus- love the almond face and soulful eyes..

GB said...

What a wonderful idea purnima! Love it! Gorgeous, functional AND personal---lovely gift idea!

Purnima@a creative project said...

Thanks notyet, Emreen, Sanghmitra,Patty, Kerry, SV, Rekha,Soundhornpls and Gagan!! Thanks for the encouraging comments!!

ShareThis