I had said I will do a tutorial .. I got a little more creative and made a video of all the pictures....
Let's look at what you will need :
- Watermelon/fruit scooper
- Sharp knife
- Wooden skewers
- Watch the video.. I have added pictures with step by step instructions..
- Use a Watermelon which has a sturdy base and is balanced..
- Cut it in two pieces- one large and one small.. we will be using the smaller to make the boat..
- Make perfect round scoops like ice cream scoops.. Scrap the rest into another bowl..
- Cut the shapes for the sail and paddles from the larger piece.
- Insert skewer through them.
- Pass the sail's skewer through the boat's skewer to make the sail stand..
- Fix the paddles..
- Fill the boat with watermelon scoops. Arrange them in a way to achieve balance..
- Keep in refrigerator till serving time..
Oh yes I haven't forgotten the remaining watermelon scrapped in another bowl..
Crush it in a mixie to make juice. Add sugar and ice as per needed..
A perfect cool drink for the summer...
If you try this watermelon carving don't forget to share it with me.. I would love to see how it turned out..!!