picture courtesy : Martha Stewart
To unwind on a hot summer day nothing can refresh and please you like an ice cream.. What could be better than that..How about a ice cream cake.. A watermelon Bombe..!! I have been viewing this recipe from Martha Stewart for so long... I finally tried it.. Not as perfect (actually not even close) as Martha's ..but it was yummy and fun to make..!!
For this you need 3 flavors of ice cream : Pistachio for the outer covering, vanilla for the middle layer and the watermelon sorbet/ ice-cream(which I used).. also chocolate chips and a sponge cake(I used chocolate) for base..
Patience is also needed to reach Martha's perfection .. but I don't have much of that..So this is what I did..
You also need a round bottomed bowl, plastic wrap, spoons ..thats it..
1) Line a round bottomed bowl with plastic wrap.
2) Coat inside of the bowl with the pistachio ice cream, making a 1/2-inch-thick layer. Freeze it till it hardens..
3) Now coat the pistachio layer with vanilla ice cream making 1/4-inch-thick layer..Freeze again for 30 minutes.
4) Mix the chocolate chips with the watermelon sorbet/ice cream ..Fill in the cavity of the vanilla ice cream ...
5) Cover the top with a round sponge cake slice..
6) To serve it , invert the bowl into a serving plate and slice it
Also I also used food coloring to make it look more real ..
Click here to see Martha's perfect recipe with video..!!!!